View Single Post
wdmartin

Old May 21st, 2021, 09:41 PM
I'm inclined to think the best path is to fork the two and treat them as separate modules. I suspect it would be complicated and error prone to try implementing both versions of the ruleset as a series of checkboxes in the hero configuration screen.

On a related note, it would probably be best to set new IDs for the the things in WiS v2. That way, in the event that someone needs both -- say, WiS v1 for one game, and WiS v2 for another -- they could install them side-by-side and just turn them on for the requisite characters.

Changing all the IDs through the editor would be horrifically tedious, not to mention you'd have to comb through all the scripts looking for references to things that have changed IDs. It'd be way faster (and more reliable) to open the .user and .1st files in a text editor and do a search-and-replace for each ID that needs changing.

Regarding implementing a feat that picks a weapon group instead of a weapon, the best I can do is point you at the code I did for v1. I wrote a bunch of comments in there as it goes through. The gist is that it:
  1. Sets up a drop-down box of the weapon groups using usrChosen1
  2. Pulls the tags from that group
  3. Loops through BaseWep for the weapons in that group and pulls their tags, e.g. WepFocus.Flail or whatever
  4. Pushes all those tags onto the hero so they count as having the feat for pre-req purposes
  5. Finally assign Broadcast.WepFocus and a group weapon focus tag that's defined in world-is-square.1st

See if you can use the feats from v1 as a model to make it work for v2. If you hit a wall, post your code so we can poke at it.

Regarding Agile Combatant -- it's basically Agile Maneuvers, except that they've made a global change specifying that you can use your DEX mod on CMB checks for disarm, sunder and trip when you're wielding a finesse weapon.

To implement that I would probably use a Mechanic and write an eval script that checks whether they have a finesse weapon equipped, then substitutes the DEX mod for the STR mod for those maneuvers. The mechanic would also need to check whether they took Agile Combatant and just quit doing things if they have the feat, since it should do all CMB checks.

I would be happy to provide hosting for WiS v2 once it's ready, but unfortunately my web host's bizarre rules make that impractical. The issue is that they only allow one FTP user per account. So I would either have to give you my password (and thus grant you complete and total access to everything in all of my sites), or else you would have to send the files to me every time you have an update so I can upload them. Which would be annoying for both of us.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm still not getting emails when the thread gets posted to. I'll try re-subscribing to it. Maybe that got lost in an update or something.
wdmartin is offline   #156 Reply With Quote