View Single Post
mototom

Old October 27th, 2021, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dballing View Post
Perhaps I've been under a rock, but this announcement seems.... bad in general? ... for HLO, as it seems like it would disincentivize Paizo from cooperating with something that competes with them.

https://app.demiplane.com/nexus/pathfinder2e
Based on the announcement, it sounds like another licensed venture. So Paizo isn't competing with HLO. They've licensed another partner to make another set of tools. There's no reason to believe Paizo won't continue to support existing partners.

That being said, LWD seems to be having a hard time keeping up with the content being issued. If another character builder is coming, I hope it encourages LWD to step up the pace.

I'm playing in Strength of Thousands and hate having to track elements of the school outside HLO. I've given up on Campaign Theater mostly. If the shared elements ever showed up, like group loot, the ability to give things to other party members, the ability to cast spells and have recipients elect to accept the affects and have them applied automatically (and have those effects count down and end automatically), the ability to apply damaging effect—the potential is just enormous. (And please, just give me the ability to buy apprentice slots and assign them to players. I'm happy to pay for my group.)

The promise of subscriptions was that a continuous revenue stream would allow more consistent, rapid development, and an online model reduced the necessity to code for multiple platforms. The promise hasn't really been realized so far. I buy everything PF2-related the moment it's released. I'm ready to buy more stuff. It just doesn't exist yet. I'm frustrated and I'm not even really playing Starfinder. If I was a Starfinder regular I'd be super irritated.

I wish there were some way to help; I can data enter with the best of them. I don't think the opaqueness of their roadmap helps, either. If they'd publish their backlog and let people vote on feature requests and content requests, maybe they'd at least have more insight into where their efforts would satisfy the most people.

I do hope that LWD manages to get development caught up and back on track at some point.
mototom is offline   #8 Reply With Quote