View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 20th, 2020, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Since I'm running Pathfinder Second, I haven't had a lack of content issue. I realize that I'm lucky that way; way back when I originally got Hero Lab it was for Mutants & Masterminds, and it used to drive me crazy that M&M bugs were not getting fixed while there was a steady release of material and fixes for Pathfinder.
This is an unfortunate reality of RPG software. There are the bigger ones that bring in the revenue and the ones that we support simply because we love the games. The ones that pay the bills need to be given priority so that we can later devote the time to the ones that don't. If all we cared about was making money, half the games we've supported over the years never would have been touched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
As for the bigger question, I could be wrong but it looks to me that the same functionality that is being developed for VTT integration will also contribute to things like customized character sheets and character export/import, which I think are good things even if I never try my hand at doing a simple MapTool framework.
That's exactly the idea. The same mechanism should support both purposes.
rob is offline   #23 Reply With Quote