View Single Post
Grgbobe

Old March 5th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Player Version (Edition from the web site, I think) is what I was talking about. Thanks for clarifying the verbiage.

I found the marketing material on Player Version (Edition) giving the impression that updates were in-game and revealing a snippet, for example, appeared in the Player Edition right away. After running a game (finally), it makes total sense that it doesn't do that based on the "sync" functionality.

In my head, I imagined how the game would go based on this marketing blurb: "The need for a binder (or two) of notes is over! Realm Works Player Edition gives you access to everything your GM has disclosed during play. Visualize your GM's world as you navigate through the story with full-text searching, full content linking, and more! You can even tie your own personal notes to the people, places, and events that make up the adventure. With your GM's story at your fingertips, you can come with everything you need for your next game!"

It's unfortunate and changes how my game sessions will go, but I "get it".

So, let me ask those who have been using Player Edition regularly, do you ever sync mid-game or anything or do you simply use it for offline and for referencing prior sessions?

Thanks,

Grg
Grgbobe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote