View Single Post
leokhorn

Old March 11th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
The only way to make and save new powers is to use the editor
It's what I thought, sadly.

Quote:
I just jumped in and started to play with the editor and help from other people on the forum was able to figure out things.
Same here, really. Using existing stuff as an example of what can be done and how. I guess there's no other solution since there's not much detailed documentation on how things really work.

Quote:
I don't think there is a way to do what you want to do with out going into the editor except how you said you might do it by making a bunch of character templates and saving them which in my book is a pain.
I've gone with that solution for now. I've made a new portfolio and created a character per Power Profile (the ones I have at least). Each character is only a repository of the powers I find interesting and not *too* straightforward. I won't input "yet another Blast", but more complex stuff, for reference.

Still means I will have to recreate the power on a new character, but at least I have a reference of how to build it in Hero Lab.

And if I do realize I'm using a power quite a lot, I might take the time to "officially" add it through the editor for quick reuse.

Quote:
Sorry I can't be much more help.
Confirming things, even if they're not what I hoped for, is still helpful, thanks!
leokhorn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote