View Single Post
DeathSheep

Old June 1st, 2020, 08:41 AM
I'm trying to script the Shadow Sentinel Feat into Hero Lab. This is the description of the Feat:

Prerequisites: Proficient with Stealth skill, proficient with at least one martial weapon, Dexterity 17 or higher, must have either the Uncanny Dodge class feature or the ability to attack more than once when you take the Attack action on your turn without using a bonus action

You defend a persecuted culture in which stealth is not merely part of your arsenal, but the backbone of your martial traditions. Whether you are a gloaming guardian of the dusk elves, a Vistani whose defensive precision protects your kin from outsiders prejudiced by false stereotypes, a crag dwarf or deep gnome in a besieged settlement, or a ruthless halfling nomad of the desert wastes, you train at moving unseen not for cowardly purposes, but as an honored champion of your people. This feat confers the following benefits:

You learn the minor illusion and prestidigitation cantrips if you don’t already know them.

You gain darkvision within 60 feet. If you already have darkvision, its range increases by 60 feet.

When you take the Dodge action on your turn, an indistinct shadow obscures you. Within the space in which you end that turn, bright light becomes dim light, and dim light becomes darkness until the end of your next turn. Anything within darkness created by this effect is heavily obscured.

If you hit more than once with a weapon attack against the same target during your turn, on the second hit, you can choose for the area around the target struck to darken, as if with twilight. Within a 5 feet sphere centered on the target, bright light becomes dim light, and dim light becomes darkness until the end of your next turn. The target must make a Wisdom save (DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Dexterity modifier) or have its speed reduced by half until the end of its next turn. Anything within darkness created by this effect is heavily obscured.

I set the cantrips as Spell-Like Abilities, but I suspect there is a more elegant way to do this.

When I try to set the Darkvision, I am using this script:

~ If darkvision Thing lives then process
if (hero.childlives[raDarkVis] <> 0) then
~ If we already have a darkvision value then increase by 60 otherwise set to 60
if (hero.child[raDarkVis].field[Value].value > 0) then
hero.child[raDarkVis].field[Value].value += 60
else
hero.child[raDarkVis].field[Value].value = 60
endif
endif

However it says the field 'Value' is non-existent.

Finally, I'm not sure how to require the martial weapon, and the Uncanny Dodge/multiple attack prerequisite.

Overall I'm a little out of my depth for such a complicated Feat, so I'm turning to the forum for some advice.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by DeathSheep; June 1st, 2020 at 08:44 AM.
DeathSheep is offline   #1 Reply With Quote