View Single Post
Seeker1728

Old March 1st, 2021, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
message #1 -
Am I reading that right? One Attribute Advance every FOUR Ranks? Wow, that's really rough. Are you sure you want to do that? I could probably come up with a way for you, you just have to replace the validation step that checks for that. It just sounds way harsh. You're talking about only getting 1 or 2 changes in Attributes over an entire campaign.

You can set up bonus Edges at each Rank, either by granting an extra Advance point or by adding a creation point and have the player unlock the Hero on the Advance tab to add the Edge.
Hi CC;
THANKS for reply, I appreciate the time you made to post. Followed your directions for removing Atlanteans, worked like a charm.

As to the above, I should've done a better job of communicating my want. I'm wanting to grant an extra + free Attribute advancement, but schedule it for every 4 ranks.

Then to your 2nd point about bonus Edges at each rank, I've made use of Zarlor's common code thread (that thread is practically my bible, many thanks for all who contributed to it) and have often made use of things posted there in my .user file, but I haven't connected the dots on how to grant something for free based on acquiring an advancement. While I have been slowly deducing things from reading posts/wiki and experimenting, that one continues to elude me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
OK message #2 -
1. There are some things assigned to it later that need the gizmo to be there. It's like a place to hang things from.

2. Bootstraps and Tags are really different. Yes, they both get attached to an item, but where a bootstrap is another pre-existing thing being connected to the target, a tag is just that - a standard text tag that can be read by other processes very quickly. You can use a simple tagis test to see if a given tag is present, plus do things like count them and manipulate them. Tags are really flexible, and should be used whenever possible. Bootstrapping has some limitations, things like bootstrapped gear cannot be removed.
RE: #2 above
Yes, I'm beginning to discover this, my developer buddy has been walking me through framing one's thoughts to see how tag's are more useful than bootstraps. Up till he did this, I didn't quite grasp their usefulness as a tool lacking the greater context of their value. Basically my approach so far has been very linear and merely aping what I see rather than understanding how to use them. Not saying I'm completely there yet, but getting there.

RE: #1 above
I'm trying to accomplish something with a Faction that following the examples in the tutorial hasn't seen any success with, not sure what I'm doing wrong, and perhaps it's not possible.

I can get my Faction to add things to the Hero by making choices from the menu below the description field without issue. (I.E. Valid Powers, Skills, Edges). But we're using the SPC-2 at Pulp level to represent the supernatural abilities, and I can't get these to show up as choices for the faction.

Example:
I want to give followers of the Faction the Super power of "Attack-Ranged" to represent they're the kid of a god of fire, but none of the Super Powers show up as a valid choice. I've checked the SPC as a source, and attached the same gizmo to the Faction (I.E. SPCPower), but the powers themselves don't appear on the "Valid Powers" list as options. Is this something that's possible to do and I'm just doing it wrong?

Thanks again for the help CC, it IS appreciated
Seeker1728 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote