View Single Post
djc664

Old October 14th, 2022, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
I'm waiting desperately.

I REALLY would like to use Hero Lab as my character- and NPC-Adminstration Tool. That way, I can do all the character (and encounter-)building and adminsitration in one single app.

But that only works well, if you have any kind of interface (API) with common VTTs. More an more gamers use VTTs, so this should be a market.

With a propper interface I could administrate my PCs in Hero Lab and send rolls to Roll20 and Foundry, for example. That would be awsome.

Pathfinder 1E, Pathfinder 2E and Starfinder should all be supported by that API.

Maybe you could lunch a crowdfunding-campaign to get this done.

Best scenario: We have alle the Pathfinder 1E adventurepath-material in Hero Lab and can send rolls oder character sheets to a Roll20 game. No more tiring setup in Roll20. Just set up maps and lighting and "roll for it" :-)

Thanks!
Warning - I have NO official insight or information.

I honestly think Paizo forced a non-disclosure so Lone Wolf can't technically say (hence the LONG silences on any question to PF1 support), but PF1 integration is never going to happen.

PF2E is the premier official integration for Foundry VTT, and honestly is really smooth. Supporting two systems is twice the cost. Adding new features amplifies this.

Why would they help enable essentially a competitor to their own flagship product?

I think the only reason we even have PF1 in Hero Lab Online today is timing of it and since it was already in there and working, no sense in ripping it out to backlash, but if Paizo had its way, it would be gone from here.

I'd love to be wrong, but the more I've learned about Paizo and the people running that show, the less I respect them and their practices.
djc664 is offline   #35 Reply With Quote