View Single Post
mototom

Old November 29th, 2022, 11:56 AM
For the staff trait, yes. Only the school is needed. But there are two parts to that example, and you're only looking at the second half. Every staff must have a theme for the spells. That's the second trait HLO is looking for. The section on choosing the spell theme specifically says that broad traits aren't allowed.

Magical is a default trait. Even if you select nothing for the staff, it has the magical trait. I see two problems in the HLO implementation—first, that when I choose the spells trait for the theme, that trait doesn't get assigned in the stat summary. Second, there's no option to choose a tradition.

It's a bit confusing but the Lini example helps clarify.

She wants a plant-based staff. Every spell will have to have that trait. That's the theme. Since most are transmutation, she chooses that as the staff trait. She ends up with the traits Magical, Plant, and Transmutation. HLO is doing this. There's just no option to swap out Magical for Primal or another tradition, and I don't see the theme trait showing up in the stat summary when I select it.
mototom is offline   #10 Reply With Quote