View Single Post
_Pax_

Old May 1st, 2012, 05:31 PM
BUG: Infected attribute adjustments, and Racial Minimums

According to Runner's Companion (pp76-77, "Building an Infected Character", and p79, "Infected Attribute Modifier Table"), an attribute can never have a minimum of less than 1.

This is in line with the core rules, where a Troll's "-2 Agility" does not reduce the minimum Agility score to less than 1.

The cost for a score at it's racial minimum should always be 0BP - a Troll spends as many BP for an Agility of 1, as a Human does.

This should remain true for the Infected. However, when building a Human Ghoul, I noticed that the cost for a Charisma of 1 was 20BP. The program is incorrectly treating Infected modifiers as flat penalties/bonusses, rather than as adjustments to the race minimum/maximum.

To be perfectly clear: if I want to take an all-attributes-1 Human, and make him a ghoul - resulting in Body 5, Agility 1, Reaction 3, Strength 4, Charisma 1, Intuition 1, Logic 1, Willpower 3, Edge 2, Maic 1 - the program should be reporting that I have only spent 35BP.

Presently, it reports Ihave spent 65BP ... because it is incorrectly assessing a cost of 20BP for Charisma 1, and 10BP for Logic 1.

In case it helps, example portfolio attached.
Attached Files
File Type: email bugged_ghoul.por (68.4 KB, 0 views)
_Pax_ is offline   #3 Reply With Quote