View Single Post
gkgnight

Old March 25th, 2011, 06:30 AM
mounstrous beasts / mounstrous cavalry / cavalary / etc...

all give the rider +1 armor save now. The old rule of they don't give a +1 armor save was in 7the dition which got removed. Here are the referances....

Ridden Moustrous Beats: Main Rulebook: Page 85: "Some characters can ride mounstrous beasts, in which case the model uses the rules for mousntrous cavalary. (see page 83)"

Mounstrous CAvalary: Main Rulebook page 83: "All the cavalary rules apply to mousntrous cavalary with one exception - moustrous cavalary always use the highest wounds characteristic the model has..."

Therefore: Moustrous Cavalary get the cavalary +1 armor save.

Therefore: Because Ridden Moustrous beasts use the moustrous cavalary rule ridden moustrous beasts get the +1 armor save.

Now we'l look at Ridden Monsters: Main rulebook page 105: "Jsut as with regular cavalary, a ridden monster affords its rider an element of additional protection. A character on a ridden monster counts his armomr save as being 1 point better than normal."

Thus: no matter what, if you're mounted on anything you get +1 to armor.

Also: keep in mind: that moustrous cavalary and ridden moustrous beasts take the wounds profile of the model that has the highest wounds characteristic. Thus: if a high elf noble (2 wounds) is mounted on an eagle (3 wounds) the entire model now has 3 wounds.

I coded that part in earlier this year when i did troop type. But a lot of people over look that rule and have e-mailed me sying its a bug -when it isn't.

Last edited by gkgnight; March 25th, 2011 at 06:33 AM.
gkgnight is offline   #6