View Single Post
zarlor

Old January 19th, 2014, 04:49 AM
That's part of the other reason I added them as deliberate Hindrances since not all of them are Edges, but often Monstrous Abilities instead. So it seemed easier to create them as just their own thing. CC would have to say how he's going to handle it in his update, but I think there may be something to handle it when he gets a chance to fully update the DLR file.

To be honest I didn't strictly use Hindrances as the place to put such types of things either. For example in Weird War II I put the new Legacy effects as Edges that I set a cost of 0 on, since even though some of the effects of those are not Edges at all they are really only added at Character Creation and the majority of them are like Edges in some way, so it seemed the better place to put them and for the player to find them during character creation (rather than using the Advancement mechanic like I did for HoER.

Obviously whatever work for you, works, so whichever method you choose to use I'm just glad you could find out how to do it here.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote