View Single Post
Anpumes

Old October 11th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
This code for AC on monk with eval scripts:
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACWisMod].value = #attrmod[aCHA]
With timing Final Phase (user) 1500 works although it shows as a Wis armor bonus but is using Cha.
Been playing with the Kipool scripts still not playing nice.
Thank you!
However, this is still not working as intended; well at least not how the monk's AC Bonus is supposed to. While this does change [tACWisMod].value to read Charisma modifier as the bonus to AC, it also destroys the monk's bonus AC gained at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, and 20th and more importantly, no longer disables when the monk is armored or encumbered. The script is running too late and is overriding everything previously sent to [tACWisMod].value. In fact, anything running after Post-attributes: 20000 that alters [tACWisMod].value renders the entire class feature broken...

What I know for sure is: #attrbonus[aWIS] is assigned to AC Bonus at Post-attributes: 10000; Armor bonus is being reported to [tACWisMod].value and applied to the hero at Post-attributes: 20000; As far as I understand it, for the rest of the AC Bonus script to remain valid, the change to Charisma modifier must happen in that window. Now I could be completely wrong but nothing I've tried yet has truly worked as the feature is intended, aside from duplicating the class feature, removing the monks version, and bootstrapping the duplicated version to the archetype at 1st, 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, and 20th.

---EDIT!!
I found a workaround, while not perfect, applies the hero's Charisma modifier in place of the Wisdom modifier.

Post-attributes: 11000
Code:
      ~ Change the monks AC bonus from Wisdom to Charisma
      hero.child[cMnkAC].field[abValue].value -= #attrbonus[aWIS]
      hero.child[cMnkAC].field[abValue].value += #attrbonus[aCHA]
This zero's out the Wisdom bonus gained in an earlier running script and applies Charisma modifier in it's place.

What I still don't know how to do without breaking the AC Bonus scripts is to change the bonus being reported to [tACWisBon]. Though I'm sure a script running after Post-attributes: 20000 could theoretically be used to forward [tACWisBon] to say [Bonus], then zero the original [tACWisBon] but at this point I don't know that I care enough to do that.
/EDIT---

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
Edit: If you get farther with the other specials of monk post it. I am trying to rebuild the Kung Fu Genius Feat.

Edit2: I found that this code in eval scripts works the dc for stunning fist.
#dc[fStunFist] += #attrmod[aCHA]

so #dc[bootstrapthing] += #attrmod[aANY] for specific dc changes. No idea how to do it across the spectrum yet. Still working on it.

Edit3: Here is the Ki pool adjustment. Which is working as stated, but with CHA mod instead.
if (hero.haschild[BaseClSpec,"thingid.cMnkKiPool"] <> .5) then
#trkmax[cMnkKiPool] += #attrmod[aCHA]
endif
My code for changing the monk's Ki Pool to Charisma is different and works marvelously.

First: 10000
Code:
      ~ Check for monk's Ki Pool class feature, if we have it then change attribute use from Wisdom to Charisma
      if (hero.haschild[BaseClSpec,"thingid.cMnkKiPool"] <> 0) then
        perform hero.child[cMnkKiPool].delete[UseAttr.aWIS]
        perform hero.child[cMnkKiPool].assign[UseAttr.aCHA]
      endif
Now if only AC Bonus was simply tagged with a UserAttr.aWis tag...

Last edited by Anpumes; October 11th, 2015 at 05:15 PM. Reason: epiphany
Anpumes is offline   #7 Reply With Quote