View Single Post
Anpumes

Old April 15th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Perfect! I was trying to do it through scripting and couldn't figure it out, so thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The selection is showing up as Claw now and no drop down. However, I'm now getting an error:

"Invalid tag expression specified for string-based tag reference term
Location: 'evalrule' script for Thing 'fFeralComb' (Eval Rule '#1') near line 9

Upon investigating this, I find that this evalrule is likely the reason why the Feral Combat Training feat remains red on the hero's feat list even though the "No Pre-reqs" box is checked. I'm figuring now that this check box only effects those items in the "Expr-reqs" and "Pre-reqs" areas.

Also upon further examination, I find that the Feral Combat Training feat doesn't actually do anything to alter the hero and certainly not in any of the ways stated by the feat. I see nothing that actually qualifies the feat as the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, which I assume is really a non-issue given that feat is a prerequisite anyway. Meaning the hero can already select any feat where Improved Unarmed Strike is a requirement. And, probably most importantly, it doesn't actually make the claw attacks a monk weapon or assign the monk special to the claw attack.

With a touch more digging, I've managed to do what this feat fails to do in the Class Special:
Code:
`assign the monk special quality to our claws for use in flurry of blows
perform hero.child[wClaw].assign[wSpecial.Monk]
I'm very much considering dropping the Feral Combat Training bootstrap from the Class Special as I still don't know a way to override the red text without adding Weapon Focus: Claw to the hero...
Anpumes is offline   #3 Reply With Quote