View Single Post
Seeker1728

Old March 29th, 2021, 11:40 AM
CC, thanks Brother, your guidance has been a great help! I won't be so presumptuous as to say I now have full command of these "Ifs", but I'm getting there

So hopefully I'm not turning into a pest (too late? ) but I got another issue i can't figure out. I've had to create some custom content for the SPC, there are some things in SW that are either arranged somewhat silly to my sensibilities, and I wanted to add more choices/effects. I'm having the same problem showing up on each custom power set, but I'll illustrate it via the following example:

Immunity Poison, Disease, Ageless, all seem to me to be related and should be part of a table like Heightened Senses has enhanced senses. I'm influenced by M&M way of doing it, so I created a power called "Immunities", wrote up the 3 just mentioned and about a dozen more, attached them to the Immunities power and it loads and allows players to choose what immunities they have without any problems except one. I keep getting the same error message reading "Immunities: A power level must be selected via the chooser", flagging the table red on the character sheet.

Heightened Senses was my guide (especially as I created my own version of super senses to replace it and its got the same problems) with a micro comb, I mimicked its structure and how the power modifiers are coded in the editor exactly, and that warning refuses to go away. Things I've done are:

Name: Immunities Unique ID: spcMRimun Uniqueness; No Gizmo: SPCPower

Just like with Heightened Senses, everything else beneath the "Summary Text" is blank, i attached via the "Power Modifiers" the various powers to be included, specified my two sources: SPC and the HouseRule.user file. My tags consist of all the power mods I created for table, including copying a tag from Heightened Senses with the following properties:

Group ID: thing Tag Id: holder_top Name: Top Holder Abbrev: ???

I even mimicked putting the above tag at the very bottom of the tag table, double-checked my spelling, even resorted to doing a copy/paste in each field of the tag just in case there was something I couldn't see. Then I mimicked how the power mods for Heightened Senses were constructed, all of them have the "Add" operation, a numerical entry in the "Value" field, same sources, and "Uniqueness" set to Unique.

At first, due to the warning message, I figured "Oh, look in the SPC Power Levels" tab dummy, copy what Heightened Senses did there. I know how to add power levels to a power, I've constructed several such powers (though they're simplistic, very little in the way of scripts or rules) and went looking for examples in that tab, but Heightened Senses isn't present, so near as I can tell, it's unnecessary. So what the hell am I missing?
Seeker1728 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote