View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
1) I haven't been able to figure this out. I'm creating a new sub-setting for Cortex but would like to not have any of the base Cortex Weapons/Armor/Gear appear when I select the setting (I'd like to create all the gear myself). Is there a way to do that?
The weapons/armor/gear and the skills and traits are all controlled by the same thing. I'm afraid there's no simple way to get only thr traits/skills and none of the weapons/armor/gear.

The 3.6 update to HL added the preclude option to the editor - go to the "* Preclude" tab, enter the unique Id of a thing, and enter the Id of the source you're using for your new setting - now, that thing will not appear when that setting is checked. It'll take a lot of preclude entries to hide all the equipment, so hopefully you only wanted to hide some of them.

Quote:
2) When I try to duplicate the Serenity core settings for my SS&S files, none of the base traits, skills, etc appear. How can I fix that?
For SS&S, you'll have to create your source as an entirely new thing, and it will not end up in the same list as the game systems - just create a new source in the editor, and don't set it to have a parent source, and assign all your SS&S material to that. The user will have to select SS&S at the top of the sources list and Serenity from the Game Systems list (they'll technically be allowed to select SS&S along with BSG or the Core rules, but we'll ignore that).

Quote:
3) Similar to the above, what do I need to change when I duplicate the Serenity setting for use with die-based traits instead of the minor/major trait levels?
Hold off on this for a little while - I want to check some details on this.

Quote:
4) As a side note, when I'm creating a Cortex character and open the Armory page to add a new weapon, any of the weapons with a D4W rating are listing as D4/minorW and those with a D8W rating are showing as D8/MajorW. I know it's just a display issue on the selection, but it would be nice to have just the dice displayed.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for reporting this (a change to something else a version or two ago accidently altered this).
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote