View Single Post
Silveras

Old July 30th, 2019, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Which is exactly what I've written a bunch of times and is succinctly in your title. You want every capitalization of a token to be distinct from every other capitalization which breaks all my realms.
Hmm .. maybe I see the issue here.

It sounds like what @kbs666 is afraid of is that the suggestion as worded in the title would make each Topic Name/alias globally unique within a Realm based on the capitalization. (ex. "The Green" and "The green" could only exist once each as a Topic name, and no aliases for any other topic could ever match those).

A literal reading of the topic title could be like that. The dozen or so follow-up attempts to explain that's not it seem to be failing to reach past that reading.

The request, putting aside the "uniqueness" wording, is for aliases to honor case-sensitivity when being added in the GUI. That's it. That's what it all boils down to. So if I see a need to add "The green" as a case-sensitive alias for a topic named "The Green" with case-sensitivity, that's all it is asking for. Right now, even if both are marked as case-sensitive, it treats them as case-insensitive and prevents the addition of the alias.

Auto-Accept is irrelevant.
Mass import is irrelevant.

I actually think that because case-sensitivity is selectable for the main name, true name, and aliases, it is a bug that it is not currently honored in the GUI when adding aliases.
Silveras is offline   #43 Reply With Quote