View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2020, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
Now you mentioned things that Hero Lab Online won't be able to handle from the GMG... Do you think Hero Lab Classic could handle those issues? My dream would be for PF2 and SF to come to Classic, and integrate with Online. Say, you create a character in Classic, but can open it in Online and make changes, etc. Any chance of that?
There is nothing I'm aware of that HLC can possibly do in terms of features that HLO cannot, with the exception of some items that are already planned to be added to HLO. However, the reverse absolutely true. There are many things that the connectedness of HLO allows us to do that simply aren't realistic within HLC. The Campaign Theater features we just introduced are merely the tip of the iceberg for that.

As for bringing games from HLO to HLC, it's theoretically possible. However, it would require a major reallocation of resources away from HLO to accomplish that. If we could afford a larger team, then we'd potentially be able to do something like that, but I don't see it as realistic in the near term, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
And how does the future look with integrating Online with a VTT, like Fantasy Grounds? That is a feature I sorely miss.
Now that the rewrite of everything is behind us, this is something that could potentially again be possible. It would require a chunk of time to instrument it all, but it's doable on our end. I haven't spoken with Doug in quite some time, and FG would also have to allocate the necessary resources on their end to import what we export. So it's a big question mark right now, and I don't envision having the bandwidth to actively pursue something like that until at least next month. That said, if you want to explore FG's interest from a consumer standpoint, feel free to do so.
rob is offline   #22 Reply With Quote