View Single Post
Ualaa

Old January 10th, 2021, 09:20 AM
We haven't migrated to the online version yet, because we heavily use 3pp stuff that is made in the editor.

I have the full license (for almost everything available in HLC), and build the "official" versions of the characters.

When it's time for a level up, the players message or call me and make their choices, and then I query them until all of the red boxes are happy again.

If they're face to face players, I'd print a character sheet for the next session and bring it to play.
If they're digital players, then export a PDF for them, which they can view or print as they see fit.

One of my players bought HLC, and dumped several hundred into it to have all the sources that his character had used when building it on my system.
Another of my players has inquired several times as to Hero Lab, but doesn't want a partial copy and also isn't (so far) willing to buy the whole thing.
A third player has bought HLC-Pathfinder system, along with a few of the hard cover books with classes, and then all of the Sphere related stuff that has HL files from Drive Thru.

The rest of the group likely won't buy HLC/HLO themselves, but I "build" and maintain the official versions.
During play, if they "rage" or whatever, I check the appropriate boxes and relay how something may have changed from their print/PDF copy.

A Patron level for HLO would be welcome, once we can have 3pp (Dreamscarred Press content from the Community Package and Drop Dead Studio content for Spheres).
Ualaa is offline   #15 Reply With Quote