View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 15th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
While that's true perhaps for D&D 5e, there were not that many changes from the Pathfinder Beta release to the Final release. They tweaked combat maneuvers (it seems a right of passage for any revision of the D&D3 rules to tweak how grapple works!!) and a few of the classes (added some sorcerer bloodlines, IIRC), but they were about 90-95% the same.

One company's handling of playtests != another company's handling of the same thing!
Pathfinder 2nd edition is a new edition. It may not even closely resemble the 1st edition. While its true that they did not change much from 3.5, we don't know what they will change yet. Starfinder was similiar to 5e in a few ways. I would expect them to add the background themes in their own way. It may be more in line with the changes we saw to Starfinder, but I don't know until the final book is out. From a Coding standpoint, finished product is much better. You don't want to build unnecessary components to have them removed from the game system later on.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #33 Reply With Quote