View Single Post
Azhrei

Old November 28th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
1. A source would work. Alternately, you could clone the game system and choose which setting you want to load on starting the program.

2. You can add a mechanic and have that bootstrap the trait you made. Have a script on the mechanic check if there is a spellcasting class, and if not then assign the Hide.All tag to the trait.
Hm. So I add a custom mechanic to my .user file and scripts on that mechanic will automatically run when a character is loaded with my .user source activated?

That's a good start. I'll need to study some of the bootstrap stuff from the Community Pack to see how all that works...

Quote:
3. Shrug, use an adjustment to add feat slots after you hit that point I guess.
Lol, that's a simple way to do it! And since I'm a player and not the GM, it's not like I need to create a bunch of characters for the campaign.

Quote:
4. In the editor, where there are lists of things, there is "(?)" to the right. Clicking on that tells you the unique ID of that thing, which can help distinguish between things with the same name. For example, you can tell which "cleric" is the class level, vs. the class helper, vs the category header for cleric archetypes.
Yeah, I found those. Clicking on the "(?)" puts out two strings of text with a period in between them. No idea what they represent, though. How do I know that one of them is "class level" and another is the "class helper" and another is the "category header for cleric archetypes"? And is there ever a situation where I'd be creating a new class and choosing the class helper would be the right thing to do? If so, how would I know that?

Quote:
5. I believe there is a source you can turn on for this in the configure hero. Make that default for new characters and you should be good to go.
Cool, I'll look for that.

Quote:
6. You can set the deflection bonus up most simply by adding an activation on your weapon (or the parent when it is in a custom weapon). Alternately, you could make it automatically apply, but the script for that would be a bit more complex.
"... adding an activation on your weapon." Alright, I'll look around for that. You're talking about a checkbox that says "I'm currently using such-and-such" and then the script runs and tweaks the number of AOOs?

The second part sounds cool, though. You mean having a script on the weapon that when it's in the off-hand and when the main hand is holding a light weapon (one of the criteria), then modify the AOOs quantity... Hm, challenge accepted!

Seriously, thanks for the pointer.

Quote:
7. It's shorthand.
Okay, got it.

Thanks for all the help! I'll check into these when I get back in front of my laptop.
Azhrei is offline   #5 Reply With Quote