View Single Post
Territan

Old February 22nd, 2014, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elindor View Post
There was a bug with the previous version where the skill picker wasn't adding the skills to the campaign properly. That's been fixed in the latest version (which also requires the latest version [4.3a] of Hero Lab). If you had created the campaign file before the latest update, you should be able to add them with the new update through the skill selector in the editor.
I had deleted the fatecore folder, reloaded it from the .hl file, and built from scratch, and the skills still wouldn't appear for me.

After recompiling the data files and shutting down and restarting Hero Lab, I now have a skill list, so that's working. From here, the only thing I have to add is one special stunt. So I've got that going for me. (yay)

To chime in on the subject of Fate Accelerated, I think Hero Lab does need to be aware of it. I have Worlds on Fire & Worlds in Shadow, and one or two of the campaigns proposed in there are based more on Accelerated than Core. Instead of the traditional skill pyramid, for instance, "White Picket Witches" uses seven Assets (into which the character can spend eight points willy-nilly), and Fight Fire has nine Skills (of which the character will have established ratings in six) which bear no resemblance to Core's canonical list.

It wouldn't be so much an "Accelerated" thing as a "Toolkit" thing to be able to change what Skills are called at the campaign level.
Territan is offline   #13 Reply With Quote