View Single Post
Dredemer

Old December 19th, 2014, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=Chemlak;199932]Dredemer: when we speak of calendars, we mean the ability to create our own custom calendars. For me, this means being able to implement the calendar of Harptos from the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, which is actually quite simple: 60 seconds to the minute, 60 minutes to the hour, 24 hours to the day, 10 days to the ride, 3 rides to the month, 12 months to the year, with 5 days that fall outside the months, and an extra day every 4 years. Oh, and that's alongside a lunar calendar with a 28 day cycle.

The date entry snippet already in RW uses the full-blown (I've previously characterised it as batshit insane) Gregorian calendar in all its glory, and was built using the calendar tool.

Chemlak- Thanks for the explanation and that makes perfect sense why it would be an important update in your scenario. My situation is less involved, in that I don't need to necessarily change the seconds, minutes, days, etc.

However, when I am creating an Event Topic, having a pull-down calendar that looks like Outlook with no other options is limiting. As I mentioned, I would be happy to just be able to enter the format I like without having to select a typical Earth Month....
Dredemer is offline   #22