View Single Post
adzling

Old December 24th, 2015, 08:25 AM
I'm cutting and pasting a lot of stuff into realmworks and mostly the existing snippet setups in the various categories just don't work for our game system (Shadowrun).

So I created some custom category definitions for Scenes and Characters and such and use them when entering data.

That in itself has been helpful.

I first tried to use the storyboard area to setup "runs" but that proved mostly useless so I have ditched that (sigh, wish it worked) and just started using the categories to manage campaign arcs (cumbersome and not possible to create cross-run links between scenes).

I have also taken to numbering scenes 1.0, 1.1 preceding the scene title so that they are organized correctly in the interface from beginning to end (would be nice to have the ability to drag them into an order that the interface remembers rather than having to use this workaround).

Scouring the google for relevant maps and plans I am able to almost alway find helpful imagery and floorplans for missions that I can embed in realmworks without having to resort to creating them myself.
Yay!

I've recently started to add game rules info for particular scenes directly into the relevant items. This is helpful when dealing with such a sprawling and poorly edited rules system that Srun 5e is.
adzling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote