View Single Post
AEIOU

Old September 10th, 2014, 09:01 AM
For now: I create each PC as an Individual. I created a Cast called Player Characters. I place each PC in Player Characters as their container.

With the Player Edition: I'll definitely want my players to be able to edit all the snippets for their characters, to make choices of which of their snippets are revealed to the other players and to be able to edit their HL portfolio(s). I'm trusting LW to do some magic to make this possible -- multiple editors for Categories is not currently possible. I'd reckon there would have to be a new snippet type that is owner-only-specific and the rest of the data in RW is GM-specific to allow synching so the data does not get overwritten by one or the other. I'd like a GM accept/deny option for player updates but that's not essential as long as GM has control of the database and can remove player content if necessary. I'd really like a third option to change owner so GM can accept player changes by converting a snippet from player to GM.

If however the Player Edition does not allow players (and GMs) to edit the character snippets, I'll continue as I have been and work with my players on what they want presented and to maintain HL portfolio updates. Not ideal but it's very doable.
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote