View Single Post
Farling

Old December 29th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Back to the topic of the thread...

When I started entering the Skulls and Shackles adventure path during beta, I fully intended to use Combat Manager to run the combats. When I raised a question to the developer of Combat Manager, a future release of that tool even provided the ability to load just the monsters for the encounter; and a way to delete the monsters - functions essential to work alongside RW.

However, a year or so later when I actually started running the campaign, HL had been updated to the point where we could import the encounter portfolio easily into the currently loaded portfolio - and the little suggestion for a "delete all monsters" option also greatly speeded up encounter management.

I've been running the adventure path for 6 or so months now, and I saw very early on that just copying text verbatim from PDFs doesn't work very well for running during the game, or for revealing snippets of information that the PCs have uncovered. This even applies to topic titles, which I'm renaming as I go along, so as not to give additional clues to the players as to the meta-plot(s).
Farling is offline   #27 Reply With Quote