View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 17th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencio View Post
No, not really. I've done the video walk through, but it stops WAY before it explains anything I need to know. The vids are like the first two parts in an eight part series.
Actually the information is in the help I linked but its not in the videos. The help links you to ALLOT of information which does cover advanced classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencio View Post
And none of it gives me a clue as to how to correct my problem with the copy of sorcerer not working. Anyone else out there at least know what I'm talking about? Am I missing something really simple?
Well it is in the help text provided but I agree their is allot of information.

Your main problem is you copied the sorcerer making a new sorcerer. So you don't have a sorcerer anymore you have Sorcerer_Something Else. So HL is not going to link the Sorcerer spells and Custom Abilities unless you tell it to do that.

I am thinking you want an Archetype NOT make a new base class here as I assume a Battle Sorcerer is just a Sorcerer with a few minor tweaks yes? That would be the definition of an Archetype.

So I would suggest starting with an Archetype that modifies the base Sorcerer instead.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote