View Single Post
TobyFox2002

Old January 2nd, 2017, 09:29 AM
If I am missing the problem in this thread, forgive me. Changing Types/Subtypes as part of a class or template can get very tricky very quickly because of how and when they need to be bootstrapped. Even races have this issue to some extent.

When I was working on the Star Elves, (they turn into outsiders at night), I was constantly confronted with the problem of being unable to bootstrap things because they happened too "Late" The 3.5 system was alot more forgiving than the pathfinder since most bootstraps for race/type stuff allowed you to use First/500, in pathfinder very often it throws you errors as late as First/50. Very annoying.

One of the way I have over come this issue is creating "look-alike" types and subtypes. That boot strap things in different ways. This is what I am having to do for the Talontar Blightlord (Unapproachable East), until I find a better way.

The problem with looking at other classes is that each type/subtype needs to be done in a different way because of what other things they each respectively bootstrap and the timing problems they create.

Monk gives outsider at 20.
Fey Enticer (3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasies) gives fey at capstone (5th i think)
Talontar Blightlord (3.5 Unapproachable east) give Plant at Unknown.

The latter are only for the 3.5 system tho, but you might be able to get some help from them.

I hope this helps,

P.S., Is this the Heartwarder from Faiths and Pantheons? If it is, when you are done I'd love to have a copy, I'd then add it into the Forgotten Realms Conversion files. If it is from Athas, then I can put it into the Dark Sun.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote