View Single Post
Doskious

Old January 21st, 2017, 08:25 AM
Sorry to reply to a thread so long dormant, but I've just run into this issue as well in trying to create a variant Bard class.

I've done extensive testing with a variety of configurations for several different class alternates (Bard, Barbarian, Rogue, Fighter, Cleric, Sorcerer), and I haven't found a way to make the Archetypes from class X apply their modifications to class Y, where class Y has "Use Archetypes for X" selected as class X. Every configuration results in the same "Linked Class required" error when I actually select the Archetype.

The only examples I've been able to find of actual Alternate Classes that are able to use their source class's Archetypes are the Unchained classes from the Pathfinder Unchained module from Lone Wolf. If there is a known way to correct this, or some other source of working Alternate Class Archetype application, I'd really like to know about it...

Note, based on the posts in this thread, I did contact Lone Wolf with a bug report. Their response was to refer me to the forums for community help...
Doskious is offline   #4 Reply With Quote