View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 21st, 2022, 08:22 PM
I think I found a work around for it.

Code:
    <!-- If we're a character advancement, lock us into the first available slot on the advances array  -->
    <eval index="8" phase="Final" priority="8000" name="Assign To Table"><![CDATA[
      doneif (tagis[AdvanceCat.Advancement] = 0) 
      var i as number

for i=0 to 23
        if (empty(herofield[acXPAdvTier].arraytext[i]) <> 0) then
          herofield[acXPAdvTier].arraytext[i] = field[name].text
          field[advCount].value = i
          done
          endif
        next

]]></eval>

<!-- If we're an advancement that uses a tier slot, we have a text to display -->
    <eval index="9" phase="Render" priority="8500" name="Assign Advance Tier Count"><![CDATA[
      if (tagis[AdvanceCat.Advancement] <> 0) then
        field[advCount].value += 1
        field[advTier].value = field[advCount].value
        endif
      ]]></eval>

<!-- If we're an advancement that uses a tier slot, we have a text to display -->
    <eval index="10" phase="Render" priority="10000" name="Assign Tier Advance"><![CDATA[
      if (tagis[AdvanceCat.Advancement] <> 0) then
        if (tagis[Advance.LongTerm] <> 0) then
          field[advTierTxt].text &= "Tier " & field[advTier].value
          endif
        endif
      ]]></eval>
Doing it this way the numbers are coming out correctly, though I had to force feed them into an array... consequently I think I figured out how skills get modifiers in arrays with this bit of coding though...

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote