Thread: Hero Lab Online
View Single Post
daplunk

Old June 13th, 2017, 06:38 AM
It's been called Hero Lab online. . .

We kinda knew they were up to this already though right. I assumed they were doing something when they advertised for that Web Developer role a few months back.

Going to be really interesting to see what they do and how they do it. In it's current state Hero Lab benefits alot from not being an online tool but there's a few features I can think of that would absolutely be possible with a web version.

We've heard that the 'android users will hopefully rejoice' so that would be a significant benefit. My whole table would use HL if Android was an option.

I'm really hoping they bring the power of Hero Lab in line with the accessibility of other tools starting to hit the market.

DnDBeyond.com for example is looking to be a direct competitor that was showing an edge simply because it's sexy and well... they have a WOTC license. Hero Lab will need to jump a few leaps ahead from where it is now to stay competitive in the D&D market once they launch.

They still have the Pathfinder market well and truly in their pocket and one can assume they will lead the charge on Starfinder.

This to me says they understand that the market is shifting rapidly and they need to embrace change (most likely significant change) in order to stay competitive.

Personally I'm really curious to see what they do. They have two really solid products that we know now are both going online and it's going to be interesting to see what they do with both of them.

Like... imagine if you could create a monster in Realm Works and then not have to create it in Hero Lab. What if the abilities just mapped across and displayed in Hero Lab allowing you to create the monster in Realm Works, store your database of monsters in Realm Works and just sent them to Hero Lab for combat management.

#day_dreamin - but seriously... that would be cool.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3