View Single Post
LimpingNinja

Old November 15th, 2019, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
We are definitely still working on this and do indeed want to put it out Soon™. We are still hoping for a "holiday" release (sometime in the Thanksgiving thru Christmas season).

Significant portions of these features are in good shape internally, but the tactical part of campaigns will require processing many more characters and put additional strain on the servers. Because of this, we are putting significant effort into improving our backend stability, capacity, and robustness. The last thing we want is this new feature causing problems and destabilizing existing features. That effort is taking some time, but will definitely be worth the wait.
Thanks for the update, for me - moving from DNDBeyond where I can easily tab between characters, while my players have their character open as well, and manage the campaign (albeit in a less robust manner than I want) this has been a main feature that I have been waiting for by LoneWolf.

I original purchased HLO to see what PF2 would look like and whether it had the same functionality as DNDBeyond because I personally don't like managing that crap. Then I kept it running on the "Soon" announcements, even renewing in March for the mid-year release. While I understand you are a small shop and you have fired people so have less staff, it is just a reality that I will not resubscribe if it lapses past my next re-up date. Everything up to this point I've just consider development funding.

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I think it is fair to say.

Additionally, I keep seeing this:
Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "multiple license use". Are you wanting a way for multiple different people to use a common set of content? Or a single person to simultaneously use multiple devices?
I think many people are looking for ways for their family and friends to join a campaign and either have limited resource sharing.

While I can't speak for ShadowFOOT - I personally prefer the model offered by DNDBeyond where as a DM for my family I can spend the cost myself and share limited time resources for my campaigns specifically. My family creates accounts and doesn't have to buy all the books and pay large monthly or annual fees to keep accounts.

User story: As a family of 5 people and the DM of our games, I would like the ability to run a campaign without having to buy expensive subscriptions and digital books for all of my family members much as I do with other online services and physical books.

I would have to understand what the base cost of $175 for 180 days of access for my family of 5 would get me over the other service beyond "it's pathfinder!" because the model doesn't seem functional to me. Additionally, when running campaigns of mixed users online and offline - having a single source toolset is very helpful but a $35 per user per campaign (assuming 6 month campaign) is not palatable.
LimpingNinja is offline   #15 Reply With Quote