View Single Post
EightBitz

Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=Lanmalchior;245457]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post

1b) For now, you can use my RWExport script to convert your .rwoutput files to HTML or Word format, and print from there. The latest version is 1.5: https://github.com/EightBitz/RWExport/tree/Version-1.5

I don't know how printing can't be an important feature. I was deciding if I was going to buy this or not and until I saw you made a work around I wasn't going to just because of the lack of printing. The lack of a spell check is really annoying too and I'm a good speller, but when you are use to it everywhere it can really slow things down when you are unsure of a letter in a word. A lot of us gamers tend to have a bit of OCD and I don't know about you, but spelling areas drive me batty. Sometimes I'll get the self doubt and switch over to google a word and that risks being distracted from writing. It really breaks things up for me.
I know what you mean, but if you've ever taken a creative writing class, one of the exercises you are encouraged to learn is stream-of-consciousness. You just start writing. You don't worry about punctuation, spelling, grammar, sentences, anything. You just write for as long as you can, whatever ideas come into your head, whether they make sense or not. You don't stop and think. You just keep writing.

It takes a bit of practice, because we have it drilled into our heads to check our spelling, check our punctuation, check our grammar. But you practice. You may never get GOOD at it, but you'll get BETTER. And when you're writing like this, it's best to do it with no spell checking and no grammar checking, because all those squiggly lines will distract you even more than your spelling errors.
EightBitz is offline   #13 Reply With Quote