View Single Post
Maidhc O Casain

Old February 27th, 2020, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
I said it at the time and I'll say it again: there is no business argument to be made for keeping HLC.
And that has changed… how?… since Rob made that statement? And the promises that I quoted before? Yes, PF2 came out, but by that point there was going to be no further development of HLC anyway, really. That doesn't mean that support (bug fixes, keeping it running smoothly) shouldn't happen.

And further (though this is a Pathfinder thread), the new Savage Worlds update is already coded! CapedCrusader finished it and sent it over to them in October! It's still sitting there, waiting for them to review it and package it up.

Finally, I'm almost as frustrated at the lack of communication as I am at the lack of updates. Rob said that LoneWolf would continue to support HLC. He said it in no uncertain terms, with no caveats or conditions (see my quote below). If he changes course on that, I'm naturally upset. But if that's what he's doing he should at least step up and say it, with the same level of certainty and lack of equivocation. If he still plans to support these platforms (HLC and RW) - and I sincerely hope that he does! Not further develop but support with bug fixes and keep them running - he should come on and say that again, and then do it.

As a manager of a business, I can promise you that telling your existing, loyal customers you'll do something and then not following through is definitely not a good business model. Especially if you also don't communicate with them about not following through.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #44 Reply With Quote