View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 29th, 2007, 03:32 AM
I'm glad to hear HL is running nicely for you on a Mac under Parallels. That's what we do for our tradeshows, and it's a wonderfully convenient (and portable) solution. :-)

If the period between activating the license on one computer and then moving it to another computer is 120 days (4 months) or longer, all you need to do is run the license activation wizard on the new computer. The license will be automatically moved to the new computer. If you need to move the license to another computer less than 120 days after it was last activated on a new computer, then you'll need to submit a request to technical support (support at wolflair.com). Just be sure to include your license number and a brief explanation of what's going on (like you did below). We can get the waiting period waived and then you're good to go.

Note! The 120-day counter starts only when the product thinks it's been installed on a new computer. This means that updating the keyfile due to the release of a new product update will NOT normally restart the counter, unless HL thinks you've got a new computer.

The license mechanism allows the license to be re-assigned on a newly configured system effectively once every 4 months (i.e. 120 days from the initial activation or the last change). The average user upgrades or re-installs the operating system once every 18-24 months, so our system provides for about 5-6 times the norm. However, sometimes exceptional situations arise, and we can readily take care of things on this end when that happens.

The controls are an attempt at a balance between user convenience and protection against users sharing their licenses with all their friends. We'll never be able to find the "perfect" balance, since every user will be different, but it's rare that users make changes in less than the four-month period. We use the controls as a means to police against abuses, but it will take a pattern of potential abuse before we'll start questioning early requests.

Hope this helps,
Rob

At 08:29 AM 1/28/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
Hi LWD, I bought HL and installed it on my Mac running parallels and it runs great, only problem is it's a work laptop and I am getting a new one! How can I transfer the lic to the new laptop?

Thanks

Giddoen [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_question.gif[/img]
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote