View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 29th, 2014, 11:32 AM
So time flies by! Looking at my .user files notes I see many of my original Hero Lab files date back to 2009. This means it has been 6 years! In 6 years HL software has had many changes and many advancements including getting to the iPad.

The "ideas" behind my first simple .user files that where hosted by Chiefweasel have long ago been integrated into Hero Lab officially. What started as a simple forum post Paris.Crenshaw, Bodrin, ValaraukarU and myself had about adventure paths eventually turned into what everyone knows today as the Community Bestiary. It has been a long fun and interesting 6 years!

The problems is what these "community files" and "packages" started as and what they "need" to be to support the community today in 2015 is very different. So different that because of "future" enhancements to Hero Lab I am going to be making some very drastic changes to all the community packages. During this time of change I am sure new issues will come about and you will need to learn a new layout of "Packs" (new name). So please have patience with me and the community stuff during this time.

In the end this will make things easier to support and hopefully easier to use for the community. These new Packs will be designed to build upon each other as I have learned people "love" to install everything. I am hopeful that this new design will be more intuitive in what needs to be installed.

If anyone is interested in the full layout they are welcome to view it HERE on my evernote I have shared. Its still a work in progress but most of the ideas are present.

So currently this is a note to begin preparing people for the changes that are too come. When they do please watch this forum post for updates. But I will also have notices going out through LW's facebook, newsletters, and Paizo forums. Also new threads will appear and the old d20pfsrd threads will be locked down to consolidate everything into one place.

I understand that change sucks and that this is going to be causing some "waves" during the transition but in the end it will be better for everyone.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 21st, 2015 at 03:28 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1