View Single Post
JustinThomason

Old April 24th, 2016, 11:31 AM
The forthcoming web access might solve some of your issues. My understanding from earlier posts by LWD staff is there will be limited free access to Realms through the web along with more complete access for users with a full player license. In your case it would allow players to get some utility from the platform without having to outlay any money. If they like the software and want to invest in the campaign, they could then buy a full license. They licenses aren't tied to specific Realms, per se - the GM invites players to join the Realm. That means that a player license is usable for any number of Realm Works games as long as the player gets an invitation to join.

Web access will be coming after the Content Market, but all evidence points to it being a pretty near term release after the market is online. Realm Works may not be the best fit for you right now, but I would suggest keeping an eye on the site and revisiting the idea once some of the new infrastructure is in place.

For what it is worth, I would not ever think of dropping Realm Works at this point, even if it had no player view. I find it way too useful for my GM organization. Admittedly, your remote online play model is different than mine, but there is a lot of utility to be had in the base program. Also, RW is not a VTT, so you'll probably need another program to handle maps and the like anyway. I would suggest that you don't write off the program just yet, particularly with the upcoming additions due later this year.
JustinThomason is offline   #5 Reply With Quote