View Single Post
Parody

Old February 21st, 2016, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
It make much more sense to be able to uncheck everything of an existing category, not one at a time, but all with one click and then turn back on what you need. The "individual" category has nearly 40 lines all inclusive. That requires you to make 80+ clicks just to turn them all off. Call it 70 clicks to keep the 5-6 useful items and turn off the rest.
That doesn't make sense to me; if I'm only using 5-6 items I'd rather have a Category that only has those 5-6 items and doesn't have 70 hidden ones, whether or not you can hide them all in one click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
I could just turn them all off at the top and rebuild from scratch, but then I have to rebuild everything instead of simply customizing the existing material and leave a horrendously large amount of hidden but still being synch'd data.
As it is the Globals are going to be there whether you want them or not; you can't delete them. If you're not using them they're not a significant size addition to your realm; Categories and Tags are tiny compared to a Topic/Article with some text (much less a graphic or other binary item). Keeping the Global items separated from your custom Categories and Tag Domains, especially if you plan on extensive changes, prevents any problems from future changes to the Global items by LWD.

FWIW, I'd like to be able to make a much cleaner base realm without the Globals, but both that and your request to be able to hide all of the snippets in a Category are things for the Feature Request forum. (Delete or fully hide global categories and snippets, perhaps.) Unfortunately, the way the LWD folks write about the Global Categories and Tag Domains makes it sound to me like LWD didn't plan on people not wanting the Global items. If they had, the Global items would be like any other realm, something you could leave out at Realm creation, merge into your realm if you want them, and added automatically if you add content based on them.

As with many things, though, we won't see how everything works and how people actually choose to use it until the Content Market is available and open for everyone to use. :(

Last edited by Parody; February 21st, 2016 at 04:14 PM.
Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote