View Single Post
_Pax_

Old September 4th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmOz View Post
Softweave is not calculating right. I can't even tell how it is calculating, I was told by one person it was applying to both sides. However my test (Conducted on Str 1, Body 2 with 6/4 armor) still was at -0. Like I said not sure how it is calculating this...
To expand on this: I started a new portfolio, set Body to 2 and Strength to 1.
Armor Vest (6/4) plain: encumbrance 6 of 4, -1 malus.
Armor Vest (6/4) with Softweave: Encumbrance 4 of 4, -0 malus.
An Armor Jacket (6/4) with Softweave worn by a Strength 1 character, should encumber it's wearer as if it were (5/3). With Body 4, that's still encumbered and shuld be a -1 malus.

Changing strength to 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 had no effect.

I then set strength to 4, and tried a different outfit:
Chain Shirt (2/7) plain: encumbrance 7 of 4, -2 malus.
Chain Shirt (2/7) with Softweave: encumbrance 5 of 4, -1 malus.
A Chain Shirt (2/7) worn by a Strength 4 character should encumber it's wearer as if it were 2/3. With body 4, that should be a -0 malus.

Clearly, HL is simply applying a 2-point easement to encumbrance, regardless of strength.

But wait, it gets worse!!

I took the same Body 2 portfolio, and added an "Industrious Jumpsuit" (6/6). Without Softweave, predictably, a -1 malus appeared because encumbrance was still 6 of 4.

Addint YNT softweave should not have changed this - it should reduce ONE rating for encumbrance purposes, but not both. However, in HL ... Encumbrance is lowered to 4 of 4, and the malus becomes -0.

So not only is HeroLab using a flat modifier, it's applying the reduction to both ratings. This is not how the rules describe Softweave. It's not even close.
_Pax_ is offline   #97