View Single Post
Mad Hamish

Old August 7th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
I've always found adepts of all kinda to be so hyper 1 dimensional as starting characters. Once they get some grades under their belts they're pretty darned tasty but I've never been able to make a starting character adept (normal or mystic) who wouldn't have his arse handed to him in any fight with a starting street sam. I've always chalked this down to the fact that cos magic is giving them such an edge their power curve is a lot slower initially. Put 100+ karma on an adept, and watch him roll most sams up! )
I haven't actually tried to build one for combat yet.
The group I'm currently playing with might lose their main magic character and currently doesn't have a face so I've made a dryad mystic adept to try and cover both areas (6 magic, 5 points mana 1 point physical adept all on social abilities, results in reasonable spellcasting and 15-17 dice for social skills - apart from intimidation - without any buffing)
The impression I've always had for SR is that a Physical Adept was behind the cybered character as a starting character but given 'standard' karma and money got ahead long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
Oh I feel you mate!!! However my major bugbear is that the spelling and general presentation has gone down hill. I know the other proofers have done a great job, but I'm starting to wonder if CGL is even incorporating some of the errors found into the final version. I am reading The Twilight Horizon at present, and I've just seen a drone with a single standard mount supposedly equipped with TWO miniguns!!!!
I've heard that they just had a bit of a disaster where they did a new version of one of the books and lost all of the errata for it because they'd replaced one of the staff members and the new guy used the wrong version of the documents...
Mistakes happen everywhere but Not a good look.

Anyway thanks again for the input and I'd better stop polluting the thread now.
Mad Hamish is offline   #47