View Single Post
AEIOU

Old December 26th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Brilliant post, Parody. Image 2 with double-headed arrows is needed. Image 5 with a summary of things is worth looking into but if I had double-headed arrows I probably wouldn't use it in favor of explicit links.

The most important option missing is the ability to move pieces around. Parody's image 1 is a great example where I'd want to pull the bubble out and place it on another tier. Maybe tiers is a good way to think about it where tier 1 is start, tier 2 is next level out from start and give us the ability to force a +1 or more tier to a bubble to make it sort further down the chain?

Maybe make "moved" pieces sticky to a specific spot with other bubbles flowing off of them?

Maybe add option for smart lines that forces it to not cross lines or trap bubbles.

Maybe add bubble order hierarchy so if there are lines from a primary to multiple secondaries, the secondaries can be manually sorted. This would sort based on each primary-secondary relationship. For consistency throughout RW, call it a prefix. The down-side is this could be frustrating if you number something and then move it to another bubble throwing off the order there; but I'd get over it.

The spaghetti model (errr, loop friendly) is fun but I spend more time finding Waldo than I do finding it useful. Make the start always in upper left or at least on the top or left sides.

I'd like to a way to split a storyboard. Sometimes a tangent becomes a major thread. Sometimes you want to see the BIG picture but also the parts that make the whole -- dungeons are a great example where you want to see the overall layout of interconnections but also want to focus on a single level. Currently, it is oh-my-god-painful to do a 100+ room dungeon and then do the 5 floors of 20 rooms with the click the icon, scroll, scroll, scroll, find the topic, accept, accept, rinse and repeat. I'd like to be able to ctrl-click the entries I want to copy/paste and just do it in a matter of mouseclicks.

Colors and shapes are absolutely necessary. It's currently green for an entry and blue for a topic link. I'd like to be able to highlight critical points, encounters, social interactions, etc. I would love to see some way to use the Scene Type and Encounter Type tags to automate colors and shapes (though these are usually multitags so I'd end up with rainbows but Rob's team is smarter than me and never ceases to amaze me with their clever solutions).
AEIOU is offline   #8 Reply With Quote