View Single Post
Ash Nazg

Old March 25th, 2019, 10:49 AM
If I understand the question correctly, it sounds like you're asking about single-sourcing content for inclusion in multiple articles/topics, so you can have the same text appear in multiple articles/topics via some sort of referencing method. Basically, instead of displaying a hyperlink to the source topic, display the actual content instead. Is that correct?

I was wondering about this myself. This could be a very, very useful feature. Especially since you could (conceivably) edit the source topic/article and the content could update wherever it's used.

I personally see this being useful in a variety of ways particularly, for me, so I can include mechanics information directly in other topics/articles. But also so I can include other content.

Ideally, this sort of feature would be available to link content from the topic/article level, section level, and snippet level, but any one of those would be useful if the ideal wasn't possible (especially snippet-level). I see this as a type of snippet (or section) that, upon insertion, asks you to pick the linked content, much as you do when creating new content but possibly including sections and/or snippets in the source-selection tree.

Just my $0.02,
~Ash
Ash Nazg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote