View Single Post
ghstgry

Old March 15th, 2014, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=Ullr;177752]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
See replies

Make him the army general and the you need to then go to the Slayer unit and select Slayer King upgrade to make the slayer 100 runic banner show. And it only should allow for runic banner, not Banner of Lost Holds which is an heirloom, not runic standard. I need to remove it, as I also read it as they can take Banner of lost holds however on further review they cannot.
Fixed for 2.73

QUOTE]

So then by all accounts the BSB can not have the banner of the Lost Holds.
You folks are being too literal.

By literal interpretation, the Slayer King rule "...a single Slayer unit may take a runic standard worth up to 100 points" would mean they can't take the banner. And the BSB rule: "The Battle Standard Bearer can have a runic standard (no points limit)." The BoLH is listed as a "Magic Standard", thus, literally, the BSB can't take it either.

At 100 pts, the only units that could actually take it are the BSB (no pt limit on the Battle Standard) or the Slayer SB with Ungrim. That said, why would GW place such an item in the book if no one can use it?

I'd also like to refer you to pg 59 in the book under "Runic Magic":
"It is important to remember that an Ancestral Heirloom or runic item is no different from a magic item, and all the usual rules for magic items still apply."

So to my eye, that means that "runic" and "magic" are synonymous.
ghstgry is offline   #52 Reply With Quote