View Single Post
GreyLurker

Old November 4th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Work has begun on the Death Sphere handbook. I usually follow order of publication (which would put Fate next), but I am making an exception for the following reasons:

1. I am an incurable nerd for necromancers.
2. I've always felt that Death was the sphere most lacking for options in core, and therefore the most in need of a handbook.
3. I am an absolutely irredeemable nerd for necromancers.
4. I've been meaning to add some minion-management options for Death users, similar to what I have done with Enhancement and Conjuration.
5. I am a hopelessly, unrecoverably awful nerd for necromancers.
Bit of a Necromancy nerd myself.

In fact after reading through the new Inventors handbook 2 for the Spheres of Might stuff I was able to come up with this

Martial Tradition - Necroengineer

Alchemy Sphere
Leadership Sphere
Technology Sphere
Variable: Select 1 Technology Talent or the Trap Sphere
Drawbacks: Alternate Craft: Craft (Fleshcrafting), Mana Chemistry, Mana Engineering, Alternate Trap: Craft (Fleshcrafting) and Mana Traps. Undead Servants
This gives you a Blacksmith or Sage or Technician or really any Martial class who makes undead and other “devices” from the corpses he collects. Magic but without spellcasting

Kind of opened up whole new options for a Necromancer character if you want a Dr. Frankenstien kind of character or a Castlevania Forgemaster sort of thing.

Gift from one Necro-nerd to another
GreyLurker is offline   #813 Reply With Quote