View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 11th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I disagree epic level falls under content, just set the system so that it doesn't give an error when you go beyond 20th caster level and add some math that calculates a continuing progression.

As for dieties being OGL... well thats where "User Content" Comes in same as all the rest.
TobyFox,

You cannot change the size of the arrays in hero lab through scripting. Part of the reason Epic Level support would be "new" content is because they'd have to add spell slots of 10th level or higher, which means altering the existing array limitation of 10 levels of spells. This cannot be done via scripts. I admit, some things can be done easily but there are hard coded changes that would have to be made for epic level support. Epic level spells would need a few new fields and tags (while tags can be added without too much trouble, I don't think fields can be done with xml work). You'd have to be able to set the spells as 10th level spells. You still need slots at higher levels to cover the metamagic adjustments epic level characters can do. Unless you're content without the ability to cast a maximized, extended chain lightning spell...

Pathfinder added new elements to the game which aren't part of the d20 system that you should bear in mind too. Alternate racial traits are wholly a pathfinder specific thing. Anytime a new thing like this is added to hero lab it requires the construction of a new component to handle it. That cannot be done from just the editor. It has to be done in xml. It could be done, but many of the epic level support issues would have to be addressed in xml.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote