View Single Post
Sketchpad

Old February 19th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Hey there Colen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
  1. We had several requests for support of Fate Accelerated Edition in the thread. My original assumption was that it wouldn't be useful to support FAE because the game is so simple, but apparently a bunch of you think otherwise. What do you see the big benefit of FAE support in Hero Lab is?
Guilty as charged. For me, the benefits include tracking experience through HL, and having files that can be shared between my players on hand. Many of the gamers in my group use HL and having FAE for them would be awesome!

Quote:
  1. A number of people asked about custom campaigns. You can currently implement custom campaigns in one of two ways. The Easy Way is to go to the Personal tab and add permanent adjustments to adjust the campaign to your liking. The Slightly Less Easy Way is to use Hero Lab's integrated editor (find it on the Tools menu) for building your campaign exactly to your liking, which you can then distribute to your friends.
I haven't had a chance to try this yet. I'm hoping to work with it this weekend. I did play with the editor a bit, but not to any major ends yet.

Quote:
  1. Several people asked for "Extras". For everyone who wanted Extras, it sounds like some of you meant that you wanted a table to which you could add anything you want, and track a numeric value along with it. Would that satisfy what you need, or would you need something more complex?
I'd be willing to give it a shot. Extras are only as complex as you want them to be. You'd have to be able to track the amount based on your Refresh IIRC.

Quote:
  1. Another common request was "The Fate Fractal - Using fate attributes to make sidekicks, vehicles, special weapons, and so forth". How exactly would this work?
I was thinking about this the other night. Maybe make it as an additional character that someone could put into play, like a familiar in Pathfinder or Sidekick in M&M? Maybe make a drop down menu for what purpose they serve (vehicle, sidekick, base, etc.)?

Hope this helps.

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #3 Reply With Quote