View Single Post
Sendric

Old April 18th, 2018, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmRed View Post
I'm pretty new to using the editor but I have checked the help section and I haven't been able to find it on the forum. I am having troubles using my custom class in herolab. It is finished but it does not appear as an option when making a character, not even when I click the "Test Now" button. I would appreciate any help, thank you. (I would be happy to provide any additional information you may need)
There's no class level attached to the class you made. You need both a Class thing and a Class Level thing in order for it to appear in your list of available classes. Usually when you create a Class thing, the Class Level thing is generated automatically, so I'm not really sure how you managed to avoid that.

My recommendation would be to open the editor and create a new class thing. This will generate your class level, and you'll be off and running. You'll need to re-enter some of the data, but you won't need to re-create your specials. Just make sure you bootstrap them to the new class thing, and when you're done, delete the old one.

As a general rule of thumb, Class things use a thingid like "cHelpClg" and contain most of the information for your class. Class Level things use a thingid like "cDemClg" and contain your class description and any pre-reqs (except alignment).
Sendric is online now   #3 Reply With Quote