View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old December 26th, 2020, 11:08 PM
I am using Foundry and World Anvil. The two integrate so that I can easily port WA content in Foundry. For my 5e game, I'm currently running Rappan Athuk, a massive mega-dungeon, and rather than copying and recreating everything I entered into RW into WA, I'm just using the PDF and focusing on prepping the maps in Foundry.

With my Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary game, I am starting a homebrew world from scratch and so am finally making an effort to get the most out of World Anvil. It is taking some time to get used to. I miss the auto-linking of Realmworks, but the at-type-ahead (type @ and start typing to link other content) works well enough.

My work requires me to spend long stints out of country, I can't install gaming software on my work computer, and I really don't want to have to lug around two laptops, so having everything online is really nice. Even if RealmWorks development restarted, I'm not sure I would go back to it.

I don't play Pathfinder or Starfinder, so I've not had a use for HeroLab. For my 5e games, we use D&D Beyond with a third-party plug-in to Foundry that imports character sheets, monsters, spells, and equipment from DDB to Foundry.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #68 Reply With Quote