View Single Post
Cammagno

Old November 29th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
No. I know software development and saw the numbers and laughed.

5k is 25 man/hours (roughly). That's 3 days. If they're claiming that will speed delivery by more than a week...
From the kickstarter.
- €5000 will allow them to finalize YARPS 1.0 within autumn 2020, with start of beta phase in september 2020 and start of alpha phase in may 2020
- €30000 will allow them to finalize YARPS 1.0 within summer 2020, with start of beta phase in july 2020 and start of alpha phase in april 2020
- €60000 will allow them to finalize YARPS 1.0 within spring 2020, with start of beta phase in may 2020 and start of alpha phase in febbruary 2020

This mean that each 30k euros will speed up the release of a couple of months, that is realistic, according to the cost of dev work in Europe (I don't know where do you live, but the costs you spoke about are not realistic for example in Italy, here they are much less expensive).

Quote:
Just to be clear the prototype was something I could put together in an afternoon.
Sorry, but I don't believe you on this.

Quote:
No one, no one at all, should be backing this based on that.
I backed 200€, and I'm happy to. I'm already using the prototype in this stage, and is already better, according to me, than all the other products out there, excluded RW.

RW is good, but it has too much things that are frustrating - some of them very easy to fix/improve - and that I can't bare anymore now that I know that it will never improve.
I'll keep using it for all my old realms for at least one year, mabe two or more, but I'll never create a new realm, i prefer to use a new platform that is actively developed by a very active group.
You say they are volunteer, I don't care if they are, for now their attitude is much more professional than LW, they are listening the community, they are quickly answering, they are changing things to follow community suggestions, they are looking for cohoperations and finding them.
Just an example: they already released a prototype importer from CSV, a thing that the professional LW never did in all these years.

Last edited by Cammagno; November 29th, 2019 at 04:35 PM.
Cammagno is offline   #20 Reply With Quote