View Single Post
Cammagno

Old November 29th, 2019, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I'm not impressed by the prototype and to be blunt, a project that has raised $16k and had a goal of only $5k shows that the lead(s) have no idea what software development costs.

Sure anyone with a little knowledge can whip up a browser app in a couple of days but that is no indication of the time, and therefore money, required to get a complete project.
You payed little attention to their kickstarter.
The kickstarter campaign IS NOT to found development cost of Yarps, that is internally covered by their company's money.

Kickstarter founding is asked to spead up the realease, according to a clearly shown timeline. Even if it haven't been founded, it would have been release in 2021; according to how much it raises, they can devote more dev time to its development, and it will be released earlier, or much earlier.
I think it's a very clever thing to do, and that a similar thing has to be done by LW to found further development of RW, just to say.

Speaking of the prototype, I like it. Sure it has to improve a lot, but it's in a pre-alpha phase, and it's already usable and rather interesting.

And, a thing that is very important for me, they are really very responsive to the community's imput.

Last edited by Cammagno; November 29th, 2019 at 03:10 AM.
Cammagno is offline   #14 Reply With Quote